Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Vitara i'm going to put my aftermarket amp and subs in it but before i can i have a couple questions...

wheres the best place to feed my power cable through on the firewall?

and

im thinking of hooking my amp up under the seat instead of putting it in the back on the box...is this a good idea? i'd have to run extra long speaker lines off the amp to the subs which i've heard isnt a good idea...

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
you might want to post this in the vitara section. they will have a better idea of where to go with the wires and where to put the speakers and which way to face them, etc...they might have a custom box specifically for the vitara, too.

the amp under the seat makes your setup look a little cleaner, but the longer wires reduce the performance. you want the amp as close to your speakers as possible.

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
I just ran a power lead off the battery for a small powered sub I'm mounting under the driver's side front seat! There is an existing rubber grommet and wires running through firewall, below the battery, towards the center of the vehicle, that pokes through on the inside behind the heater-A/C unit under the dash. Push a screw driver tip next to the existing OEM wire, and push or fish your wire through. If you need more info or a pic of the location I can provide one tomorrow.

Your sub amp should work just fine under the seat. It'll run cooler (out of the sun), won't be an eyesore (unless you LIKE exposed components), be less attractive to thieves, or take up valuable room from the rear compartment. If you use the heavy gauge speaker wire, you'll be fine. ;)

Don't forget to "in-line" fuse your new 12V lead right at the battery terminal, and again use a large enough gauge wire to support the amp's power requirements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts