Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have ideas for an aftermarket intake that won't void warranty or throw out codes? I've got a 2012 SE AWD, and when talking about changing the intake and exhaust with a mechanic, he warned me NOT to do anything until warranty is up, or Suzuki won't cover anything when it probably sets off a series of CPU codes. I'd like to "open" it up a bit and just let it breathe better (no turbos), but everybody's advice is NOT to. I know I can start building my own intake (K&N miscellaneous stuff) but I'm looking for someone who might have tried it first!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
A couple of people on here Kizashi Club - Index page have done custom intakes. I'd think any intake change would have warranty implications, the exhaust might be okay if you only do something after the catalytic converter.

Best to consult your local Suzuki dealer. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congress passed a law back in the 70's that put the burden of proof on the dealership/manufacturer to prove that aftermarket parts/non-dealership service are the actual cause of a failure that would result in denial of warranty service. Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Having said that, since Suzuki no longer sells cars in the U.S. it might be wise to wait until the warranty is up before making engine/drivetrain mods.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Having said that, since Suzuki no longer sells cars in the U.S. it might be wise to wait until the warranty is up before making engine/drivetrain mods.
Laws don't mean much to a lot of people. They can still make life hard for you. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts