Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone tried installing a steering wheel interface adapter for their aftermarket head units to use with the stock steering wheel controls? This may just be for Forenzas/renos, but I tried installing one and the interface isn't recognizing the controls on the steering wheel. I've have done everything right..or at least it seems. It may also be the really vague instructions given with the interface (stupid PAC!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
ok well what you need is first a head unit that has remote controll compatability, if you have that you need an aditional part depending on the radio (for pioneer and sony you need the pac swips, for alpine and kenwood you need the swialp or swialp1, and for just universal part its the swix peice) this wires into the steering wheel controlls and sends an ir signal to the headunit. this will work with most vehicles but i would really recomend pro install unless you are good with this stuff

it seems that you have the pac peice but make sure you are using the right one.....and if that doesnt work use the swix peice, and if that doesnt work make sure you have a unit that has remote controll capability and if that doesnt work than it doesnt work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts