Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on my 08 Forenza but can't find many parts. Any idea of any other car with the same specs. 08 Forenza Dual over head cams 4 cylinder auto, but do want to make it manual.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. there are tons of parts available braces, suspension, engine its all a matter of what your goal is.. the car is also known as the lacetti, optra, buick excelle and theres a few others. the motor is based on an old holden design thats been in production for 30 or so years. its used by chevy, opel, daewoo, vauxhall, and now buick and suzuki. the forenzas motor is an u20sed. now, you need to be careful about which parts will fit. some of the different models have different motors, theres even a diesel available in india. also on some of the cars with the same basic motor certain parts wont work different oil pans. exhaust set ups, oil pickups things like that. i would start by searching this forum theres tons of info available on here, matching engines, matching transmissions, what cars they can be found in, parts suppliers, engine specs, torque specs. also ask questions when you think youve found a part to make sure it will work on your car. theres no point in wasting money :) also if you take a run over to Daewootech.com gse_turbo can certainly help you with parts, he has an online store where he sells parts for these cars depending on what your looking for. also wiki has a nice entry about the car and its different names and generations. hope this helps you get started. any questions just ask!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts