Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have found the AEM CAI for the Aerio but i really do not want to spend the cheese for it. I mean $281.00 is a lot of money for a intake. I have a AEM CAI on my focus but it was only $220.00. Is there any other intakes out there. Right now i have the Ebay intake witch i am really not happy. I would also like to install a cat back. Right now i just have a canister muffler on it right now. Anyway if anybody knows anything post up......

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would not recommend the AEM for this car what so ever!!! It has fitment issues, and AEM doesnt wanna support their warranty on this...I had one and was offered a 2/3's refund after mine began to show signs of damage from friction/rubbing in several locations(Ive got pictures that I might be able to find). This happened to the point where there was a hole in the intake...many of us were already aware that there was rubbing that was going to occure, but even with great precaution, you still get damage. And frankly, i wouldnt pay that much to handle AEM's engineering duties.

At this point in time, I would recommend the K&N short ram.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess they rushed it into prodution. The AEM cai i have on my focus is perfect and could not ask for more. But any way. You say the K&N is worth it huh?? How much and were could i find it??? Thanks for the help man.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I suggest google "k&n suzuki aerio lowest price"

AEM told me they didnt even wanna design one for the Aerio, that Suzuki practically begged them to do it...AEM were total A-holes! I would never recommend their product to anyone anymore...but I had never heard anything bad about em till my own personal experience, but as it turns out its happend to atleast a dozen of SuzukiAerioForum's members.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, Thanks for the info. The car is a ATX so i know it will not be really fast. I am just looking for some extra hp if you know what i mean....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by ShortBuSX@Nov 11 2004, 07:44 PM
You wanna lil extra pep...get Phil's underdrive pulley...dirt cheap at less than $100

I have the Focus central UDP on my focus and they do give you good throttle response and accelration. But my focus is the racer and the Aerio is my wifes and i realy do not want to go that far with it just yet. I will have my eye on it. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Knowing AEM, i can't beleve that they wouldput there name on something like that. They really must have been pressured big time from Suzuki into putting that out. Thanks for the pictures. I am having rubbing issues with that damn ebay intake right now. That is whay i want to get ride of it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who is phil and were can i get one. I may get one later on. I know that it is very easy to install. From what i here on my Focus forum a UDP will pick up a ATX alot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hay, I just read your PM. That forums sound good i am going to go over there righ know and cheack it out. Thanks and see you there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts