Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 07 GV in twice this month for very rough, hard starting issues. I'm in So Cal and is not weather related. Dealer replace EGR Valve, did a Transmission flush, and brake fluid flush, and also replaced a door sensor for door lock issues. After $1600 in two visits, today the car is doing the same tough starting, and after turning over for 10 seconds and starting, it runs rough and at low idle (around 500 rpm) and feels like it is just haging in before stalling. I can put it in drive and drive it and the rpm comes back down to 500 - 550 rpm at stops but otherwise runs ok.

So I get out my ELM OBDII and it reads 9 DTCS:
B1491
B1992
B2427
P0125
P0455
P0736
P1107
P1198
P1299
I am going back to dealer tomorrow morning but thought I would post this in case anyone can arm me with info to take in there. The service manager said he would of course do the repair under warranty of the previous repairs if it turns out to be related, but I am not sure it is EGR valve again because last time I had different code that pointed directly to the EGRvalve. The car has 98K on it and I am hoping that if this is something serious I can get it covered under the powertrain (100K) warranty. Some of the codes point to Cylinder temperature and fueling isses so I am wondering about head gasket, or warping, but I don't know anything, just spitballing.
Any words will be welcomed, thanks.
Arrgghh...

·
Super Moderator
18,425 Posts
I can't offer any specific "fix", but just know that a single problem can manifest itself into many cascading causalities (codes). Knowing (observing) the SEQUENCE of events is the key to troubleshooting.

Here's to hoping that the Dealer finds an easy solution. :beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you Max for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not trust our Suzuki dealer service department which is why I try to learn what I can before bringing it to them. Just going there this morning was a series of caveats, not us, not related to our work, have to check it out, and so forth as we dropped it off. I have owned other cars (more expensive) which the service department was trained to put your mind at ease rather than put you on alert that they were going to find ways to screw you over...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts