Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a full kicker system replace stock 6 1/2 to kicker SL60, a 10inch L5 sub, an KX400 mono amp with Tsunmi 2 frad w/sub ground kit. Ran Dynmat threw out the car system thumps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how hard was it to replace the head unit.....i am trying to figure out best way to get to the radio with out removing intire dash?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by Blackbox@Jun 22 2005, 06:45 AM
how hard was it to replace the head unit.....i am trying to figure out best way to get to the radio with out removing intire dash?
Dude, dont listen to him...he obviously had someone do his head unit install, cause its rather easy and it doesnt require removing the entire dash. Its about 7 screws. For starters pull out the ashtray. There are 2 screws at the top and one in the back of it(the ashtray)...once you do that just tug on the ashtray opening and the lighter thing. Tug on that and it should remove the plastic trim. Now all you have are the 4 screws holding in the headunit and they are visably displayed...so you cant miss them.

After that go buy a harness that will fit our factory harness and make the proper connections. I usually solder mine and finish the with heat shrink tubing, makes for a very clean install with excellent connections.

If you need a diagram of the wiring, let me know and I'll post it for you. :thumbsup:

And the only reason to remove the dash would be to Dynamat it...but even then I wouldnt! I fear rattles too much for all of that. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not on my '04 Aerio SX!! I'm pretty sure my trim piece just pops off and then right there is the radio. 4 screws and your done!! Ashtray not needed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took off the whole dash to install other things like int. LED lights at the feet also a wired remote place on the side of the wheel to control the stock radio. I help install my alarm too. I didnt want the wires to be accessable to would be thieft and to check out the wiring of the Aerio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts