Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, recently got my hands on a jimny and am considering upgrading and lifting the suspension... not looking to turn it into a monster truck, just want to give it a small lift and fit bigger off road wheels/tires without altering the body or fenders... any suggestions on what kit to go for as well as good advice on how to fit a suspension kit would be appreciated... thanks

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hello, recently got my hands on a jimny and am considering upgrading and lifting the suspension... not looking to turn it into a monster truck, just want to give it a small lift and fit bigger off road wheels/tires without altering the body or fenders... any suggestions on what kit to go for as well as good advice on how to fit a suspension kit would be appreciated... thanks

What size tyres are you looking to run? I ran 215/R15s MTS on a Jimny and it just needed a small lift to get enough clearance. Any bigger than that and you need to start thinking about gearing. Take a look here for ideas:

Home Page - BigJimny Website

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
That might come down to personal preference. Any suspension lift on a Jimny will affect the steering characteristics, some people don't seem to mind going up to 2" without any further modifications but to restore the original steering geometry you will need cranked control arms or castor correction bushes.
You may need longer brake lines too, Martin who runs the BigJimny site knows much more than me about these vehicles.
You might want to edit your post title to "suspension lift" rather than "body lift".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts