Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newb here! :D im wanting to add a few extra interior lights around the feet in the front seats and possibly in the back at a later date. i want to put this switch next to the switch for the spotlights.

anyway, what i want to know is where is the best place to plug the wires into?running them straight to the battery is going to be too much effort and mess obviously, so is there somewhere in the cabin i can hook them up to?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
When I install anything more, I pick up an aux fuse panel from the local auto parts store and install it up behind the dash on the passenger side. This way everything has its own fuse. I run 4-6 gauge cable straight to the battery.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wouldnt hook them directly up to the battery because if you leave the lights on than...well lets just say you'll be having a bad day. Use a fuse tap (i think thats what its called) and use a fuse that goes to something that is only on with the key. If you want to get a little more complicated you can use a relay off of the fuse than connect the main power feed to the battery, if you use anything that is pulling alot of power.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i can help it, id like to plug it into somewhere inside the cabin, avoid having to get through to the battery...
i'll probably just go for LED's or maybe a small neon at the drivers and passengers feet, so it wont pull much power

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
if i can help it, id like to plug it into somewhere inside the cabin, avoid having to get through to the battery...
i'll probably just go for LED's or maybe a small neon at the drivers and passengers feet, so it wont pull much power
Ok, if you stick to just a couple of LED lights (they are low wattage), you can tie into the power wire that drops behind the front speaker (left side kick panel). This wire feeds the overhead light in the targa bar. You may want to go a step or so higher in the fuse box to cover the additional load.

Is that what you are looking for?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
perfectly :) i was actually hoping to plug it into that exact circuit... thanks heaps (yet again) :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts