Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of those 'in between' 2012 GV models that has garmin unit with screen but the reversing camera wasn't yet added. I was hoping to be able to just connect a camera to the screen but there's no obvious video input on the unit. Has anyone worked out a way to do this, or else bought a new unit with video input? If the latter, any recommendations of what to get?

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
The garmin unit uses i think the green plug, its a proprietary connector. I used the factory fitted camera and hacked the plug off and fitted an rca and power feed to match my new generic Android head unit.

Reactions: MattzD

·
Registered
22 Posts
The garmin unit uses i think the green plug, its a proprietary connector. I used the factory fitted camera and hacked the plug off and fitted an rca and power feed to match my new generic Android head unit.
Do you have a write up of this mod? My aunt got this GV with a Garmin unit and wanting to add a reverse camera as well. Got to finish first the installation of the brake pads and off road steel wheels on the truck before I can work on her GV.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
My garmin had the factory fitted reversing camera. I hacked it to bits and fitted a decent aftermarket Android based head unit with nav and wifi. I threw the garmin unit in the rubbish, its where it deserved to be.

I cant remember how the garmin one was wired apart from finding a jumper in the plug to tell the head unit the camera was fitted and to supply power to the camera when reverse was selected.

I hated the garmin unit, unreliable and it never turned the camera on unless the unit had booted up.
My new Android unit will display a pic as long as it's in standby mode and not fully powered off as soon as you turn the key and select reverse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts