Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

My 2017 S-Cross 1.4 Boosterjet Allgrip developed an issue a couple of days ago. Every time I start accelerating quickly, like when joining traffic or overtaking another vehicle, I'd feel a momentary loss of power, just a little jerk if you will, and it happens each time and always at around 2500 rpm, definitely below 3000 rpm, when the turbine is kicking in I think...
It's still under warranty, for another month or so, the mechanics have been inspecting it for the past few hours, but they're still scratching their heads. They said nothing is showing up in diagnostics, no errors or anything outside normal parameters...

Has anybody heard of something like this happening or had any experience, either with this or the new Vitara, which has the same engine?

::update 1::
They said they had a hunch it could be the turbo valve so they replaced it; a mechanic then took it for a drive and said the issue has gone away. However, as soon as I sat in the car and joined traffic I realized the problem persists...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just about to buy one of these sx4 sz5 all grip 1.4 and on the test drive that's just what I felt. Am wondering if this is normal or not. ?

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
I have a thought on this, My 2015 GV does this, especially if taking the foot off the brake and planting it on the gas, like trying to get out into a gap.
Reading thru the service manuals, on mine at least, its a safety feature called "brake pedal override" that is designed to give brakes priority if brake and accelerator are inadvertently pressed at the same time.

IF...and this is a big if, and I have managed to duplicate it a few times, you get on the gas before the brake pressure sensor in the ABS unit drops, the ECM senses this and won't allow the throttle to open until brake is fully released. Its a safety feature to stop you taking off across car parks etc if you hit both pedals at once with a fat foot.

I am wondering if this could be happening here. Does it do it all the time? or immediately after releasing the brake pedal? what does it do if you're rolling and plant it?

If its all the time then this won't be it, but if its from a standing start, this could be something to look at.

I usually 2 foot drive, left on brake, right on gas, (stems from drag and dirt track racing) and i trigger the brake pedal override all the time by touching the brake pedal while i still have gas on coming into corners. have to take both feet off the pedals then apply gas. If im driving "nana" mode just using the right foot, i can get off the brake pedal and onto the gas at the lights and experience the same as you describe, its only momentary, but its there.

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
Two footed driving presumably of automatic. Madness!
nahh, not madness, common sense, especially with the high HP V8 beast I have in the shed, you need one foot on the brake to maneuver.
And driving like that is a necessity on the race track, its just natural now, I've always driven auto's 2 footed

·
Registered
12 Posts
First of all, before going back to the shop, change the fuel and the fuel station you filled it up last time. Maybe it's a bad batch (water diluted) of fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts