Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just putting the finishing touches on this project, its been so long in the making now. 88 Samurai w/ 16v 1.6L

I have my entire AC installed now, all the lines, controls, harness, condenser, everything except the compressor. Not quite sure how to go about doing this one. The compressor mounts seem pretty much impossible to come by and outrageous in price if you do find one. I hear they need to be modified beyond that as well.

Those of you who have both AC and PS, how did you mount it, pics welcome :)

Thanks!!

Tony

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recall we talked briefly when I had decided to use AC in spite of hearing that the belt contact was inadequate. I had talked to them and as I recall they could modify the brackets if I could find them. Perhaps I will call them again and see if they have anything handy.

I was hoping to see a pic and see how hard it would be to make one or modify the power steering bracket to also accommodate a compressor. I'm willing to put in a fair amount of work to save the couple hundred bucks for parts.

Also, what have you charged your AC with? I had someone telling me I needed to use 134 but I know its less efficient and would not compliment an already barely adequate system. Im leaning towards R12 or some junk refrigerant that worked splendidly in my old Benz.

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine setup for 134 and it cools but nothing like a person would think it should for as small as the interior is.

Here are some pics that I had for asking some different questions (never mind the green zip tie in the pics)

Everything is squeezed tight in there. Pics are hard to get the right angle on.

-

-

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My PS pump is mounted about where your AC pump is. I have a bit of work to do to make it all work. I think I'm going with R12 or something R12-esque. I think I might have found a local Sidekick with the AC and brackets!

I really appreciate the pics, it helps me to see how it all goes in.

Thank you!

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts