Suzuki Forums banner

AC vent problem

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  fordem 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7, I think I might have a problem. My son broke my middle AC vent and a piece broke of ad went inside. So I pried out the vent carefully...it slides out on one side and comes out. But I did not see the piece and I stuck my hand/arm down inside really far but I can not find it. It is the thumb part that moves the levers and has some other piece attached to it. Will this cause problems being down inside there? Also where can I buy another vent and are there several other Suzuki models compatible than can be used to replace it. Thanks

#2 ·
I looked in a parts section on-line and see the louvers Dealer available in a 5 pack.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/suzuki/part?catalog=US&model_code=SQ625W28&group=148

I can look in my hard copy book Monday for the whole assy too.

I'd hit the local junk yard. 99-03 era Vitara, Grand Vitara and Chevy Tracker center vents should match up.

I wouldn't worry about the broken off piece. You are away from the fan motor.

The only thing that may be impacted is the heater directional, lever operated door system (defrost / heat). Even then, I'd still be able to sleep at night with it in there. ;)

#3 ·
Thanks so much for your reply...I was afraid to drive the car then switch on AC and have blower motor get chewed up as I did not know if that is even possible as I have no idea about these things. I guess it would be a nightmare to take apart to get it out. Wow.. Chevy Tracker vents are the same.. that is a surprise. Thanks for compatibles, I called 6 junk yards they have no XL7's or even Vitaras...I will phone about trackers.

#5 ·
I live in Polk County Florida and I have only seen 3 other XL7's in my town for many years now. There was a Suzuki dealership that had opened here years ago but closed down in 8 months...was not selling any I guess. Do you have any idea where I could get a oil dipstick replacement. My son broke it and now I have to use needle nose to remove it. He thought super glue would work...LOL I knew better and he thinks I can just get any ol' dipstick but I know because of the difference of oil it holds that is not right.

#6 ·
Here's a quick search in your area for Zuk Gauge Clusters, figuring that the dash is intact. Try these...

Cluster Bezel Only
Suzuki Vitara XL7 GRY,CLUSTER A 140035 $Call Plant City Auto Salvage USA-FL(Plant-City) E-mail 1-800-330-4871 14
Cluster Bezel Only
Suzuki Vitara XL7 GRY,RADIO A 140035 $Call Plant City Auto Salvage USA-FL(Plant-City) E-mail 1-800-330-4871 14
Cluster Bezel Only
Suzuki Vitara BLK,GRAND A 688303 $45 Rigsby's Auto Salvage USA-FL(Zephyrhills) Request_Quote 1-800-231-2013 Request_Insurance_Quote

Getting a used dipstick should be pretty easy too at the junkyard.

An option for a new one is this Miami Dealer... :)
Lehman Suzuki Parts Center

There is also a good chance that your local Auto Parts store has a universal dipstick that you can cut / size to fit.
Dorman - Help Universal Oil Dipstick 65116: Get the best Engine Oil Dipstick at Advance Auto Parts

Yep. Lakeland Fl has them.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-help-universal-oil-dipstick-65116/5013135-P?zoneAssigned=1

#7 ·
You might want to try a boroscope the see the missing part and a flexible part grabber to retrieve it.

FWIW, I could not find a non OEM dipstick for my engine, had to dealer order... The plastic Handle gets brittle with the heat..

.... Philip

#9 ·
First - the blower fan is over behind the glove box - AND - the cabin air filter is located between the two, so the chances of that part getting in to it, are slim to nil.

Max - the 5PK does not mean it's a pack of five - 73610-65D02-5PK - is the entire double vent louvre assembly for the dash center.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.