Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 grand vitara 6 cyl. I have tried two different hoses from recharge kits both wont attach all the way? Is there a special fitting i need?

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
Your A/C lines should have connections that look like the R-134's shown here...

And the charge hose end with a quick disconnect where you pull back the outer (silver, spring-loaded) ring, attach / push on to the service connection and release the ring.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes max I am very familiar with ac recharging. I was wondering if anyone has had trouble using the standard connectors. On two different occasions I have tried to connect two different hoses from two different manufacturers and I pull and push and shove and all I have done is lost some of my existing freon. I really dont want to pay a shop to do what I can do.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,264 Posts
If you have the R134A fittings, the O rings in the gauge set may be dry, lube them with some silicon spray, retry...

Mine need to be wiggled slightly to insert....

..... Philip

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry max that wasnt supposed to read as sarcasm. I truly appreciate your quick response.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok aqua I will try more i just didnt want to vent all my freon out. But I guess my options are limited.

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
It's all good. ;)

If you don't have the silicon spray, try just a smidgen of Vaseline or "O" ring lube. Reefer oil would be ideal if you have that too. It takes a bit of force to get them on. Check for any burrs on the fitting, that can hang you up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts