Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
my 2000 grand Vitara 2.7 is cycling on and off the AC the low pressure fluctuates from 25-95psi when it kicks on it moves to 40pis then slowly moves to 25-30 then kicks off moves back up to 95 kicks on again. is this low Freon or a bad thermosister

Super Moderator
We need at least the corresponding high side pressure readings
during this cycling event to better determine the cause. ;)

Cabin fan speed, cabin air outlet temperature and cabin fan filter cleanliness condition too.

You have listed the wrong year or engine size too, FWIW. Not that it relates to the A/C issue. Welcome aboard too! 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
We need at least the corresponding high side pressure readings
during this cycling event to better determine the cause. ;)

Cabin fan speed, cabin air outlet temperature and cabin fan filter cleanliness condition too.

You have listed the wrong year or engine size too, FWIW. Not that it relates to the A/C issue. Welcome aboard too! 馃榾
I am needing to order the full AC gauage kit I got the one that came with the freon. I was on high speed fan. I drove it durring the day yesterday about 70 degrees it was cycling on and off while driving it didn't cool the whole cabin off but it kept it livable. Im going to get the full gauge kit this weekend and see what I get its a 2000 grand vitara 2.5v6 4x4 I had a typo on the 2.7. I am hoping it just needs a little more freon I thought it was weird to have such fluctuating pressure

Super Moderator
My concern is that you may be cycling on HIGH pressure from an overcharge, condensing fan being inoperative, blocked condenser, or ??? That's why we need all of the parameters I mentioned. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
My concern is that you may be cycling on HIGH pressure from an overcharge, condensing fan being inoperative, blocked condenser, or ??? That's why we need all of the parameters I mentioned. ;)
I got the gauges the high pressure side was 195psi the low pressure was 35 I added a little more Freon got it up to 46 on the low but the high didn't move but the AC stayed on wasn't as cold as my other cars but it was cold. I haven't been able to test since Sunday as our temps have been too low. What should the PSI be on this?

Super Moderator
Pressures (particularly the high side) will vary with heat load. 200-250 PSI is a normal range. 30-40 on the low (compressor suction) side. Your sight glass, if installed, is a helpful diagnostic aid too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts