Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a few questions. For one the ABS is kicking in during all driving. Slow, fast, coming down my driveway. Don't know why. I have a few stripped front wheel studs and how do you get the studs past the ABS ring. Also I have a rear seal leaking on the drivers side rear. If you have to split the ABS tone ring then how do you get another tone ring. I cannot find one on any parts sites. Thank you. Im new to owning a xl7.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do XL-7 with ABS have axle mounted Abs tone ring?

I know this is an old thread" but subject seemed to be the same as a question I have.

I need to by some half axles and at Rockauto, the first few options said "does not include ABS ring". Which left me concerned about buying the wrong axle for my vehicle:

Are replacement axles suppose to have an ABS ring for an ABS equipped truck?

Or is the ABS ring a separate part on our trucks that I don't need to worry about when buying axles?

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
It is. :)

Check the FAQ section as it has manuals and thread links like...

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/1g-1999-2005-vitara-grand-vitara/19396-rear-axle-bearing-seal-replacement-99-a.html

Procedurally (and some parts as well) they are the same as the Vitara of that era.

I can't quite comprehend your reported ABS functioning issues though. Have you tried a code scan? Some code readers will report on them if there are faults. I'd at least clean the sensors and their associated wiring connectors for starters.

Again, the Service Manuals have troubleshooting points in them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts