Suzuki Forums banner

ABS pulsing after right front collision

948 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  zitro101 
#1 ·
The 2001 Grand Vitara XL7 was involved in a front end collision, the driver of the XL7 bumped into the back bumper of an infiniti. I did the repairs myself, replacing right fender, bumper, bumper bar, and a right lower control arm. I test drove and all is well except that when I am braking and when the car is just about to come to a complete stop, the abs kicks in and sends a signal to front right brake to pulse and then stop. I replaced the abs sensor in the right front, and did not change the symptom. No abs light is on the instrument panel. I inspected the plate that the sensor senses and it appears to be intact. What else could be affected? The rotor seems undamaged and true to round. I disconnect the wiring to the sensor and the brakes work as they should with no abs trying to turn on, and braking is fine, of course the ABS light is on when I disconnect the wiring. What other tests can I do, what should I look for? Should I replace the hub with the ring that the sensor uses? Can you tell me how to do that? What tools are needed? Thanks, timo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.