Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the following ABS codes on a 2005 Epica:
C1202 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor No Signal
C1612 -CAN Bus Circuit Malfunction- ECM to ABS Control Unit
C1208 – Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor No Signal
C1211 – Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor No Signal

All wiring and connections look clean and secure. Reseated the ABS module and cleaned up ground connection. I am getting 19.9V on left front leads and the sensor reads 1000 ohms when not moving the wheel. Is this likely left front sensor or a module failure? Also, does the dash ABS light go out as soon as the problem is fixed or does it need to be done with a scanner?

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone verify that the left front wheel speed sensor also acts as VSS and therefore, will set CEL if it fails?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's been a while since I had a subscription to the Verona service manual, but I seem to recall that the Front Left ABS sensor does act as the VSS, because my car DOESN'T have ABS, but when I replaced the wheel hub I needed to get 1 for a car with ABS due to the sensor, and it made perfect sense at the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that is really helpful information. I am going to replace the right front bearing with abs sensor and see if that resolves the issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the following ABS codes on a 2005 Epica:
C1202 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor No Signal
C1612 -CAN Bus Circuit Malfunction- ECM to ABS Control Unit
C1208 – Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor No Signal
C1211 – Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor No Signal

All wiring and connections look clean and secure. Reseated the ABS module and cleaned up ground connection. I am getting 19.9V on left front leads and the sensor reads 1000 ohms when not moving the wheel. Is this likely left front sensor or a module failure? Also, does the dash ABS light go out as soon as the problem is fixed or does it need to be done with a scanner?

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.
What Scanner model and make did you use to get the codes? because I am trying MAXISCAN and not getting any codes at all but my ABS and TC light is still ON.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts