Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Im new to this forum and ive got grand vitrara 2005 and im driving it for a couple of years now we have done a brake job on it yesterday (front disk / pad) after that ive got an ABS redlight on my dashboard its not the first brake job that we did on it and i was having no problem the other one i did .. But thia time its seem like its okay when i start the truck and as soon as i have to stop i heard that noise of abs (same as it do when you break onto ice, but im on dry road now) and right after the abs lights comes on and its starting to break normal...
My friend who remove the rotor told me he never touch or even almost touche the speed sensor ...what should i do to diag this... Clear brake fluid 1st??
Paid for a scann in a garage??
Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
18,422 Posts
Try pulling a battery cable off for a minute to reset the ECU.

If that doesn't do it, then the ABS sensor got disturbed during the brake job and needs to be looked at closer. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aken

Were gonna take a closer look to the abs sensor first ... If pulling a cable battery that wont **** up the radio since its a 2005??
Thanks

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
If you had a scan, what were the results????

An ABS scanner should pinpoint which corner is affecting it...

If wiring issue the light should come on at first test, if it actuates after application of brakes there is a hardware issue (sticky caliper, contaminated pads).....

.... Philip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re

Thanks for your quick reply guys we've just found the problems and now the abs lights is fixed ..it was a hardware issue the computer was telling us left front wheel abs speed sensor read failure...we uninstall disk and look closer to the sensors and we realize that the small slotted round plate wich is install just behind the rotor and look like just a round plate that is slotted right in front of the sensor was bended a bit , maybe we touch it with the hammer by removing the disk ... Unbended it with a pair of wisegrip and replace every together and now its all good

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
Love it when things come so easily together....

..... Philip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts