Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
and why not? Have you actually tried this?
Disconnecting the battery will clear all settings from the ECM, ABS, BCM and TCM modules apart from the "hard coded" settings in the firmware, effectively setting everything back to factory defaults as it was when it rolled off the production line. The only things not reset are fob and transponder RFID chip codes as these are stored in NVRAM for exactly this situation.

your method assumes you have a scan tool capable of disabling the ESP function. All you are doing with this method is allowing the system to "re-learn" its default state, in effect the same as a battery removal reset.

I tried the good old leave the battery disconected with mine and no joy ,for me ,only way i eventually got it our was to fit space saver and go through the process

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Interesting, I have reset this condition by disconnecting the battery on my own swift.

·
Super Moderator
12,340 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will clear all settings from the ECM, ABS, BCM and TCM modules apart from the "hard coded" settings in the firmware, effectively setting everything back to factory defaults as it was when it rolled off the production line.
This does not hold true in all cases - I've seen some controller modules that do not rest to default even with the battery removed for several weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for all your replies I rang two Suzuki dealers they all said fitting space saver has nothing to do with the ABS light coming on! They have never heard of any procedure for this issue!
Well I did the put space saver spare back on take it for a drive, the ABS light went straight out stopped car re-fitted the standard wheel, I don't have scan tool so just started car the light went out went for a drive & light is still out so far. It makes me wonder how many people with this issue have gone to a Suzuki dealer & have been sold parts that were not needed. I am going to go to wreckers & buy a used standard wheel/tyre for a spare & throw that spacesaver to the tip where it belongs!!!! All the best & Cheers....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update! Light came back on again after doing the above^^^^^^ Have to take to Suzuki dealer & get them to do what Dr Suzuki recommended as I don't have scan tool to disable ESP function.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts