Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the abs brakes dont worry me but does anyone have any trouble with their brakes when 4wding and what i mean by that is when i do a hill climb and fail because of me cross axeling the truck has no brakes and i roll backwards!!! yes thats rite fly backwards even tho foots on the brake.
doesnt do it if i fail a hill climb when not cross axled. eg 3 or more wheels spinning
what i think it is tho is that the abs sensors pick up that the 2 wheels that arnt moving and thinks there is no need for brakes!!
easyway to fix it tho seems to be always stall out on a failed climb not matter how big or small. and if brakes fail take foot off and put on again so they pick up that im going backwards.
but its rather dodgy!
only happnd to me once and always the same place but i workd out that its the cross axling that must be it!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I don't know how to fix the brake problem, but if you add a locking differential to the rear then you won't have any wheel slipping on hill climbs. If you use a selectable like an ARB or a KAM then you can turn it on and off at your conveniance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yer i no that would work and i would like to to put some diff locks on the jimny in the future but at this stage i cant afford to.
has anyone alse had any thing like this in there 4wd ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts