Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

anybody have an idea if its possible to install a second alternator to meet the demands of added electrical needs (like amps for audio setup)? can the 3cylinder handle it? i've seen a pajero with 4 alternators! plus of course a lot of wiring all over the place.

just a thought!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bro Isporttrak, advise nga ni YT sa 'kin na replace na lang daw ng 90Amps. Kasyang kasya ang sa akin. Nakabili 'ko dito sa amin, P1,000 lang. Kaya lang, kinabukasan pinatanggal ng Nanay ng nagbenta sa 'kin yung alt, adik price pala 'yun. Buti't binalik yung pera ko. 'Kakahiya...Hehehe! :)
I didn't notice any abnormalities on the engine with this 90Amp alternator, considering that I have 3 amplifiers with a total of 2,000Watt, pero dalawa lang yung subwoofer na ginagamit ko.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha! syfertex muntik ka nang maging financier ng adik!

pls keep us posted on developments. the reason why i thought of a second alternator is for a second battery to power the accessories (just like your audio setup) so that separate yung for the car itself. this minimizes overloading so if a problem comes up its easier to fix.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bro isporttrak, on my setup I've doubled my batteries connected in parallel. So far, I didn't experienced any low batt condition on this setup. I have also an on-going voltmeter project for that matter, specifically for automotive use.

For Bro Zukzuk, I am using a Kole brand cabtyre 1/0 AWG- cannibalized from a welding machine.
Important thing to upgrade is the power cable from the alternator to the battery and from battery to your high current gadgets or the like. Other existing wires with the same current load can be retained. Only that the alternator has the higher current output to sustain the demand and faster charging on your battery.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
syfertex, kindly post some pics. am interested where you put the batteries. i wanted to transfer my battery under the passenger's seat. blue did a good job with his truck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
thanks for the info and advice bai syfer, i'll keep that in mind when the time comes that I have to upgrade my ride :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mga Bro, I have my second battery(Delkor 55Ah) installed near my buffles and the first one(45Ah) installed on its original location. This two batts are connected in parallel. Although they are not of same capacity, I wired the alt directly to the 2nd batt and from the second batts positive line, I inserted a 150 Ampere diode to let the alt current flow to the 1st batt. The voltge drop on the diode is 0.6Volt and the 1st battery voltage still reached 13.2Volts with idled engine and 12.5Volt when engine is off.
For the pic of my 2nd Battery, you can try viewing it at my Garage, it is partly viewed and labeled "additional battery".

I hav'nt modified my original batt enclosure yet 'coz Im planning to replace the two existing batt with one 100Ah Motolite batt. I will soon modify it to fit the 100Ah batt.... If my two batts get dead, sayang naman kasi eh.:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
isporttrak said:
syfertex, kindly post some pics. am interested where you put the batteries. i wanted to transfer my battery under the passenger's seat. blue did a good job with his truck.
thanks isporttrak... fyi mine is under the driverside...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bro Blue, what is the current rating of your alternator?
You've got a nice setup, I cannot install my batt like the one you have. Over-crowded na kasi 'don sa existing alt & A/C compressor ko, so I preferred 1 big alt rather than 2.

·
Registered
85 Posts
thanks syfertex
i have not checked the alt rating, pero thats the one that came w/ then engine, so probably the original one... probably 35 amps???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts