Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share this rediculous review...

What things have gone wrong with the car?
Catalytic Converter clogged at 20,000 miles.

Speakers blew out at 25,000 miles.

Dashboard would short out and go dark when cigarette lighter was pushed in.

Hood latch broke.

Exhaust system replaced two times in 3 years.

Low speed rear end collision shorted out brake and tail lights.

Speedometer cable broke at 50,000 miles.

Wiper motor died during a rainstorm at 45,000 miles.

Engine seized and exploded finally at 65,000 miles.

General comments?
Generally a really miserable little lemon.

I purchased one of the first ones available in my area, in the spring of 1987. Dealer told me there would be parties and galas for owners. No wonder I never got an invite... the dealer was too embarrassed.

Funniest thing: A rock broke the windshield in 1990. The auto glass place called the Suzuki dealer for a replacement, and they stated it would "have to be shipped, and would arrive in a MONTH." I could not go a month without a car, so They had to take the old windshield out, trace around a piece of auto glass, and jump up and down on it to get it to fit. So no more automatic car washes for me.

I went from being "the coolest guy on the block" to being a laughingstock in about a years time. I spent more time arranging rides while that junker was in the shop than actually driving it.

And yes, I had to do an emergency swerve once, and came within a hairs-breath of tipping the whole truck over.

The seized engine was my fault. The rest is poor workmanship.

When if finally died, it was almost a relief.

I hope Suzuki has improved over the years. Based on my experience with the "Samurai from Hell", I would not touch their product with a ten foot pole.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If he was the coolest guy on his block I'd hate to live in his neighborhood. I don't think it was the suzuki that made him the laughing stock of the neighborhood. It was probably the fact that he couldn't keep a bulletproof no-brainer vehicle running, and that he'd leave his car out in the rain with the top off.

a rear end collision shorted out my tail lights.. no crap? really? :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
usually this forum is for people who need help with issue tech questions oe to share their passion for suzukis ..most people on here love our samurais..why would anyone here even care about you 2 cents about how much you hate your samurai...?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Just an FYI guys, that's not texas tintop's review, he was posting a review that someone else wrote somewhere else. He was putting it up here because he knew we'd get a few laughs about how stupid the person was who originally wrote the review.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sami let him down.

Why didn't he mention the tire wear ?
What about the snaps on the side of the windshield, they fail too don't they ?
Didn't his door handles fail on him?
What about the glovebox door ?
Shucks...he didn't work any of the delicate stuff hard enough.
Thanx for warning us there T Tintop.
We'll stay for away from that fellow.(where did u say he was located ?)
Good laugh !
arlo

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that guy really must of been a moron thinking the dealer was going to have galas for samurai owners, hahahahah!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
and if that's a selling point for a person... then they must have a sad, sad social life. (and who uses the word gala...? honestly!)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
that guy really must of been a moron thinking the dealer was going to have galas for samurai owners, hahahahah!
Up until about 2004 Suzuki UK ran the Rhino Club for owners of Suzuki off-road vehicles. Not quite a gala but the annual off-road event, the Rhino Rally, was the highlight of the calender for most Suzuki owners.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
All joking aside, A good friend of mine rolled his Sammy in his driveway... I thought he was kidding until his wife told me how true it was.

He was actually installing a body lift by himself and jacked up one side too far! So folks, wrench with a friend. A second pair of hands and eyes can save you alot of grief.
;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
All joking aside, A good friend of mine rolled his Sammy in his driveway... I thought he was kidding until his wife told me how true it was.
The thing I find most amazing about the Samurais is how many people I know of that rolled their samurai and just had a couple friends help them push it back on it's wheels and drive away.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts