Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2" body lift,stock wheels painted black,new 235's from treadwright,and some other odds and ends under the hood and such.I have a long ways to go to get where I want to be..:cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
picked that up at pull - a- part for 12 bucks!!Well,$19 counting the extra warranty.Im wanting to go with 8" rims instead of those 5.5's.What do you think?Think that would push the limit too far for the 235's???Oh,hopefully by march I can order Shrockworks stuff all around!! Going to run about $1200 for all 3 (front & rear bumpers and sliders)

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Here is a decent tire Calc that I found that will give you a good idea of what the cross section looks like on the tire/rim configuration you are trying for. Looks like you will have about 1.3" difference between the footprint and the rim width. I like at least 2" difference myself. Check out the link:
Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMSnTIRES.com

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,that link is pretty cool!I think im going to try the 8's.Bad thing is I just had these tires put on last week and already threw a weight and now I have a bad vibration up front.The dude that put them on at Walmart said I had two warped wheels?Would this be a common problem with the factory rims to anyones knowledge??

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The factory rims are prettystrong, and unless they have been abused offroad or whacked on a curb they should be fine.

When someone claims there is a problem with the wheel, have them show you on the balance machine. if the problem is legit, they should have no problem showing it to you.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If I get motivated enough I'll be picking up a second job for some extra play money and I might get a nice zuk\geo and make it a project.

Love what you've done with it!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks MODyourLIFE,I have a long ways to go but i have to go with the flow of $$$ on hand,lol.

Billjohn,Im just hoping its not something else like one of these new tires or something!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts