Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Suzuki Forenza. I was searching for parts online and I came across the chevrolet optra, chevy optra5, and something called the lacette. Are all of these cars one in the same, and do the parts from lets say the optra go hand in hand with the forenza?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome aboard! This car is sold around the world under a lot of names. It was designed by Daewoo, around the time they came under the GM umbrella. The car draws on a lot of international GM components (the engine has been in Opels in Europe and Holdens in Australia).

In the U.S., there's the Suzuki Forenza sedan & wagon, and the Reno hatchback.

In Canada, it's a Chevrolet. Optra sedan/wagon, optra5 hatch.

In England, Chevrolet Lacetti.

Elsewhere in Europe, Daewoo Lacetti.

In China, Buick Excelle.

In Australia, Holden Viva.

Guys, did I leave any out?

As far as parts, there are suspension and engine differences between cars in different nations. Overseas (Buick, Russia, Europe) get higher-end interior luxuries like dual climate control and trip computers. We get the bigger engines. In general, though, the cars are the same. As far as parts interchange, most are the same, but take it on a part-by-part basis, especially with engine and suspension.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Good list schoolpsyche, but I also thought that in Europe the Daewoo name was all but dead and replaced by "Chevrolet" Lacetti by now, nut just in the UK.

The hatch (Reno) in China is known as the Buick HRV, if memory serves.

Its also interesting to note that the Buick Excelle in Taiwan has very different looking front end sheetmetal and headlights than the mainland China version which looks more like our Forenza.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Visually identical models are currently also sold as Chevrolet Nubira in some European markets, Chevrolet Optra and Chevrolet Optra5 (hatchback) in Canada, Mexico, Philippines, Central America, South America, India, Pakistan, Arabia, Southeast Asia, and South Africa, Suzuki Forenza and Suzuki Reno (hatchback) in the USA, Buick Excelle HRV (hatchback) in China, and Holden Viva in Australia and New Zealand. The hatchback version has recently been launched in India as Chevrolet SRV. As of 2007, the first generation Lacetti remains in production and is still sold as the Chevrolet Optra in Canada.
The Buick Excelle sedan assembled and marketed in China features an updated exterior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts