Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I really am needing some help from you guys. My wife has a 2005 Suzuki Verona and we have a new son coming very soon. The A/C is not blowing cold enough, I have checked the freon levels and the system is holding freon and I have checked all fuses and relies. The system does blow very hard, but the air is not cold enough to cool the car.
At this point I am thinking the condenser fan might not be blowing fast enough. The fan comes on when I turn on the A/C, but it does not seem to be humming like I think it used too. Any help diagnosing the fan or any other issues that might cause a A/C system to not blow cold enough would be greatly appreciated. I got to get this fixed before the baby gets here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Early on in the ownership of my '04 Verona the AC became intermittent. Of course it always worked when I took it to the dealer, but that didn't stop them from hitting me with a top off refrigerant charge. It was out of warranty. I found that it was an electrical problem, a simple push on connector down near the radiator going to the compressor wasn't making full connection. Found this out by carefully sticking a broom handle down there against the wire and getting the compressor to cycle on and off, so I pulled the connector and inserted a small piece of copper wire and pushed back on. Knock on wood, it's been fine ever since. Please be careful if you try this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comment

I will definably be checking this connector out, it sounds to good to be true to fix this issue but I will attempt it. Since I started this thread I have paid to have some diagnostics done. I have had the refrigerant flushed and filled with refrigerant and dye. This did not fix the issue but did tell me that there are no leaks in the system. The mechanics diagnostic was that even thou the compressor is turning on and the clutch is engaging, the compressor is not pumping hard enough and recommends I have it replaced. The compressor runs $250 new and I am told I need to replace the dryer as well when I change the compressor and that's another $150 dollars plus having system refilled again. So all together this will cost me about $450 if I take the advice of this mechanics diagnostics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts