Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My suzuki jimny keeps breaking a/c fanbelts could it be that its meant to have 4pk815 fanbelt and mechanics keep using 4pk830 plus they didnt clean all the rubber that is stuck all over the pulleys or could it be a worn pulley or even alternator could be causing the fanbelt to break it seems the fanbelt is getting very hot at first the belt starts to make loud screaching noise for a couple of weeks then stops and belt breaks but have been able to make belt last a bit longer this time bought can of belt grip have been spraying that on every 2-3days but any ideas on what it could would be big help:huh:i

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry made mistake its the alternator belt thats breaking it only runs waterpump alternator and shares crankshaft pulley with a/c belt also saw that a bit ofcoolant leaked onto hose on bottom of radiator just below waterpump could that be the problem waterpump needs to be replaced or could it be the alternator that needs replacing or if one of the pulleys was worn wouldnt that cause belt to heat up and break??

·
Registered
686 Posts
If coolant is leaking from the water pump and getting onto the belt/pulley that could compromise grip and cause the screeching/premature failure. If you can get a visual on the weep hole of the water pump you will probably notice signs of leakage if thats where the coolant is coming from.

If the water pump is weeping it is already unserviceable and should be replaced before the coolant starts pissing out and causing a fast overheat condition. Aluminum engines are easily damaged by excessive heat.

I would use an OEM quality water pump if available and what a great time to replace the timing belt/tensioner while your in there (if you don't know when it was done last)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If coolant is leaking from the water pump and getting onto the belt/pulley that could compromise grip and cause the screeching/premature failure. If you can get a visual on the weep hole of the water pump you will probably notice signs of leakage if thats where the coolant is coming from.

If the water pump is weeping it is already unserviceable and should be replaced before the coolant starts pissing out and causing a fast overheat condition. Aluminum engines are easily damaged by excessive heat.

I would use an OEM quality water pump if available and what a great time to replace the timing belt/tensioner while your in there (if you don't know when it was done last)
If its not the waterpump thats the problem could it be the alternator or a worn pulley how to find out if one of the pulleys that the alternator belt runs on is worn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts