Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,
This is my first post and I'm very happy of found you.
I bought a 2005 Grand Vitara V6 from my sister. It is in very good condition, but I had to replace the A/C Condensing fan on Sunday. The problem was that the replacement one had a different plug. Also, I noticed that it has an arrow indicating the rotation (CCW). I marked the color of the two wires (Blue & Red), replace the plug and then I installed the fan. When I start the GV and turned on the A/C, I notice the fan running in the opposite direction of the arrow (CW- looking from the front of the GV). Then when I looked the other part of the plug I saw that the black wire from this side connects with the red one of the fan and the blue/red connects with the black of the fan. I think that that's wrong. Also, I remember that my sister told me that an A/C repair shop changed this fan one day, maybe it has been installed it incorrectly. Someone can see your GV and could give me the direction and wiring of the fan? Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
18,739 Posts
It should rotate in a direction that forces air BACK through the condenser.

With only two wires connecting it, if running backwards, just connect the two (12V- & 12V+) in reverse. It should be that easy. ;)

And welcome aboard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I checked and I was correct. The blue/red wire goes with the blue of the fan and the black goes with the black. I put a piece of paper in front of the fan and it stick to it. That's told me that it was installed correctly.

Thanks again! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts