Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys . I just replaced couple weeks ago new A/C assembly clutch . when i got it i checked and its exactly same as old one , but its anyway has some rattling or rustling sound during spinning , its definetly again A/C clutch but its new ... why whats the problem ? of course it doesnt has so strong sound as old one but still has some small. its suzuki grand vitara 2006 .2.0 engine

·
Super Moderator
18,449 Posts
Have you diagnosed the refrigerant and compressor side? You may be attempting to spin the pulley / clutch assembly against excessive head pressure or internal mechanical binding.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
does the sound occur only with the compressor engaged? if its there with the A/C off, check the pulley bearing as wear in that can allow for excessive movement of the pulley resulting in the clutch rattling.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does the sound occur only with the compressor engaged? if its there with the A/C off, check the pulley bearing as wear in that can allow for excessive movement of the pulley resulting in the clutch rattling.
I replaced new Clutch pulley . but its again has rattling sound :( what it can be ? sounds like stone to stone .

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
I replaced new Clutch pulley . but its again has rattling sound :( what it can be ? sounds like stone to stone .
Is it definitely coming from the a/c compressor! And I ask again, is it doing it with a/c on or off? If its a clutch clearance issue then it can be noisy with air-conditioning off and quiet with ac on

·
Super Moderator
18,449 Posts
And I ask again...

Have you diagnosed the refrigerant and compressor side? You may be attempting to spin the pulley / clutch assembly against excessive head pressure or internal mechanical binding.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it definitely coming from the a/c compressor! And I ask again, is it doing it with a/c on or off? If its a clutch clearance issue then it can be noisy with air-conditioning off and quiet with ac on
it has rattling sound even A/C is off or ON on dashboard. anyway dose. but clutch engaging automaticly somehow and more loud sound has that moment.

·
Super Moderator
18,449 Posts
No, HIGH refrigerant pressure (over charge?) or internal compressor damage / noise.

You need to acquire the services of a local hands-on A/C Tech to evaluate the system. This long distance troubleshooting isn't getting it if you haven't the tools and talent to support our suggestive efforts. Sorry. :(
We also have a language misinterpretation that clouds the statements as well.

Reactions: foxyice
1 - 9 of 9 Posts