Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where and how do take apart the air box on samurai a/c evaporator to clean it?mine is so dirty it needs cleaning bad.no air flow and wont cool.pressures good and all,capable of cooling-nothing on the net to show how to take apart to clean,dont want to buy a s/manual on the a/c it looks like it may have been installed after they got here from jap.at the service dept at the dealer dont know-nobody old enough at dealer to know-anybody out there ever try to clean one?? generally im fearless but i use it as a dayly driver and dont want it down for very long,thanx

·
Banned
329 Posts
You can remove the AC box, without making the samurai undriveable. You will have to disconnect the AC lines (so you will lose all your AC refrigerant). The proper way is to take it to a pro and have them suck all the refrigerant out.
From what I remember, there is a small screw that holds the AC evaporator box to the heater core housing box, there are some electrical connections to disconnect, and there is a nut or two on the engine side of the firewall that secures the AC box to the firewall.
Once you get the AC box out, you can remove the metal clips that hold the 2 halves of the box together and take it apart to clean it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts