Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've got a problem with my 99 Jimny. When I start driving I will sometimes get a will get a clunking noise. Other times while I'm driving at slower speeds I will get this grinding(?)/clunking sort of noise come from the car and I have found if I move the transfer case gear knob the noise will stop. This is while using the car in 2wd. I am unsure what it is or what would cause this. If anyone has any ideas where to look for the problem it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hi everyone, I've got a problem with my 99 Jimny. When I start driving I will sometimes get a will get a clunking noise. Other times while I'm driving at slower speeds I will get this grinding(?)/clunking sort of noise come from the car and I have found if I move the transfer case gear knob the noise will stop. This is while using the car in 2wd. I am unsure what it is or what would cause this. If anyone has any ideas where to look for the problem it would be much appreciated.
could be the shifter sheet on the transfer case is worn out and the stick is ratttling around a bit. Does it make any noise in 4wd?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't really used it in 4wd but when I have, I haven't noticed any strange noises. It doesn't happen all the time its more of an intermittent problem

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if moving the gear shift fixes the problem, I'd replace the shifter sheet and see if that works. It's a 10 dollar part and you can install it in about 15 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts