Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Here's my problem. I was driving down the road on my way out of town when my tacho all of a sudden started to have a spaz atack. when I reached 80kmh, and around 3000rpm, the tacho started to flicker nearly to no revs, and then come back to normal. the engine would also 'kick in' when the revs came back to normal. after a few times of this, the engine revs went to 0, and the engine stopped with the engine check light on.

After a minute, i was able to start the jimny again, and I thought that I would just drive it slow, but the same thing would happen anywhere between 2000, and 3000rpm. I also had to continue to wait for a minute before I could start up again.

I thought that it might be a fuel filter/pump problem because I had just filled up with fuel, so I am in the process of replacing the pump assembly. but I also have read that jimny's can have camshaft sensor problems. (I have a G13BB engine, so no crankshaft sensor.) Does this sound like a more plausible cause for my engine malfunction? Any other suggestions would be helpful. I have a 1300km round trip coming up in 2 weeks so I would like to have my jimny running with no problems by then.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
It sounds like a camshaft sensor problem. If it was fuel related then the rev counter would still report how many RPM the engine was doing rather than cutting instantly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts