Suzuki Forums banner

41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Man I thought I had a mess! I thought of trying to remove the harnesses and/or the "dash skin" cover or what ever its called. It might be worth disconnecting those harnesses and pulling them out? So you can see whats going on? Seems like you're going to have to go deep so clean up and sort those poor splices and such. Are you under time pressure on this one? My situation is kind of different than most and I've got nothing but time. I'm half into this for the puzzle factor. Keeps the old grey mush stirring between the ears. Come to think if works for young grey mush as well....
Anyway, a question: can you read the colors on those seemingly hand drawn schematic diagrams in the supplement? I even aquired a new tablet with supposed latest (FHD) screen technology. Helps a little but still a struggle and I'm not sure the color codes are correct anyhow.
I'll try to get more and better pics of what I have soon.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh yeah, I like 3M heat shrink butt splices. You need to use the tool ( preferably a good one like the one that comes in a 3M splice kit) correctly. And NAPA, for one, carries old timey but high tech fabric electrical tape much better than that plastic crap. Great for re-wraping harnesses as well....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Mine was pasted up there somewhere with double side goo or something. Only found it by following that nest of wires now hanging below the passenger foot well. Do you have one of these above your battery. That's the motion sensor for the device. View attachment 100379
this where is wires go through the firewall View attachment 100380
They are professionally spliced into the harnesses on the other side

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Man I thought I had a mess! I thought of trying to remove the harnesses and/or the "dash skin" cover or what ever its called. It might be worth disconnecting those harnesses and pulling them out? So you can see whats going on? Seems like you're going to have to go deep so clean up and sort those poor splices and such. Are you under time pressure on this one? My situation is kind of different than most and I've got nothing but time. I'm half into this for the puzzle factor. Keeps the old grey mush stirring between the ears. Come to think if works for young grey mush as well....
Anyway, a question: can you read the colors on those seemingly hand drawn schematic diagrams in the supplement? I even aquired a new tablet with supposed latest (FHD) screen technology. Helps a little but still a struggle and I'm not sure the color codes are correct anyhow.
I'll try to get more and better pics of what I have soon.
Yes Bob I was a little limited by time... I just wanted to make a temporary fix but I will remove all those harness this summer and replace all that need to be replaced. I want it to be clean... I like to know the utility of each wire, then it become an easy (easier) fix when you got a problem...... A sidekick 2 door and this one are my projects for this summer... ( In addition to beginning a +100 years hold house total restoration..... a busy summer but I like to work on those suzuki....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes Bob I was a little limited by time... I just wanted to make a temporary fix but I will remove all those harness this summer and replace all that need to be replaced. I want it to be clean... I like to know the utility of each wire, then it become an easy (easier) fix when you got a problem...... A sidekick 2 door and this one are my projects for this summer... ( In addition to beginning a +100 years hold house total restoration..... a busy summer but I like to work on those suzuki....
I know the feeling about knowing I'm going to have to redo much of this and pretty much go over everthing once I figure out what I got. Mine should of likely become a parts rig but I'm stubborn and now have close to 2k into it. One unforseen hitch was the new new fuel tank for sure.

·
Super Moderator
24,958 Posts
Bex, you were wondering about the 12v constant wire... look at this wiring detail , it says it can be w/g or w/y....

Ok about the two black/white wires(on the same pin) it says one goes to ignition. Also a yellow/black is for the ignition.... when I look at my plug, (second pic), there is only one black/white that goes in it so it is routed somewhere else.... I'll track it and look where it goes.... View attachment 100387

View attachment 100388
Interesting....and very strange. Normally Suzuki has been pretty consistent with various models, years, etc., regarding the color coding of the wiring. What site did you get this from??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Interesting....and very strange. Normally Suzuki has been pretty consistent with various models, years, etc., regarding the color coding of the wiring. What site did you get this from??
its from "commandocaralarm.com". I didn't know about them. I found it in all research on google I've done.... (I did a lot !!)

Btw, I (just few min ago) was able to start the car using starting fluid.... I drove it few minutes. I'll let it cool and will see if it stars well without this stuff.... the car sat in the snow for 2 months.... and I added new gaz plus put a liquid in the fuel tank....

So now I have to find why sometimes, when I turn the key, I have no electricity at all, nothing.... it was a new problem soon before I had to tow it here...and I still want to know what are all wires that goes to the ignition key.... then I've have to do a big cleaning in all those wires below thw ash(driver side).. As my girlfriend likes to drive it in the summer, I want it to be safe and reliable.... So I'll keep searching to get answers... I'll make my own harness or I'll buy new ones, but tell you it's going to be clean !!

So I keep searching.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I know the feeling about knowing I'm going to have to redo much of this and pretty much go over everthing once I figure out what I got. Mine should of likely become a parts rig but I'm stubborn and now have close to 2k into it. One unforseen hitch was the new new fuel tank for sure.
"One unforseen hitch was the new new fuel tank for sure. " English isn't my mother language.. so I'll have to check what this mean... So for everyone, sorry if my writen english is far from being perfect.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
John, you might want to double check your fuel pressure. Mine was fine when I started troubleshooting. Was have ignition issues . Then ignition issues resolved I began have issues like you're report. Seems like I stirred u sludge in the tank. Fuel pressure was down to about 14p. Tank also had pinholes up top! Waiting on a sender unit and we'll see what happens next.
Might get to the wiring sooner than I thought as my new RV furnace does not fit. Waiting for the seller to respond.

·
Registered
214 Posts
"One unforseen hitch was the new new fuel tank for sure. " English isn't my mother language.. so I'll have to check what this mean... So for everyone, sorry if my writen english is far from being perfect.....
Just that I wasn't planning on needed a new tank.
Slang: hitch = problem poping up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just that I wasn't planning on needed a new tank.
Slang: hitch = problem poping up.
Ah, ok Bob... lol. !!! those aren't the easiest thing to replace... even more in my area , where rust is a big problem..... Btw, I'll try to find the orange(or red) wire that you were talking about....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think its like an old cowboy thing. "That will put a hitch into your giddy up"
A play on the words "I ran into a glitch..."
I did a lot of time in California's Central Valley when growing up. We had a colloquial culture and language of our own back then.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
John, you might want to double check your fuel pressure. Mine was fine when I started troubleshooting. Was have ignition issues . Then ignition issues resolved I began have issues like you're report. Seems like I stirred u sludge in the tank. Fuel pressure was down to about 14p. Tank also had pinholes up top! Waiting on a sender unit and we'll see what happens next.
Might get to the wiring sooner than I thought as my new RV furnace does not fit. Waiting for the seller to respond.
Indeed, in Canada, we have a lot of problems related to rust issues.... I thought about that possible problem today.... there could be dust/rust or whatever that is partly blocking the fuel pump....

Usually on my holder truck (like my 2002 gmc 1500 sierra), I cut a piece in the bed to have an easy acces to the fuel pump.... and it become easy to clean the fuel tank..... I didnt check (not yet) where I would have to cut this hole in the trunk of my x-90, but it makes everything way easier.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I think its like an old cowboy thing. "That will put a hitch into your giddy up"
A play on the words "I ran into a glitch..."
I did a lot of time in California's Central Valley when growing up. We had a colloquial culture and language of our own back then.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Imagine, thats where I had to work on it... right in the show.... !!! When I started it, I had to put it on 4wd to get it out of there... lol, almost funny.... :))

41 - 60 of 138 Posts