Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has this info.... On my 98 x-90 the hot is the w/y... b/y to the starter.... bleue for accessories, b/w (i think for igition), there's two smaller black wires and also two black and white (on the same pin)..... also a y/b....

I'm not sure sidekick and x-90 have the same set up.....

Thanks....

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
This is for the ignition switch, but frankly, from your post, I’m not sure what you’re inquiring about????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is for the ignition switch, but frankly, from your post, I’m not sure what you’re inquiring about????

View attachment 100336
Thanks Bex, I've got 8 wires that are attached to the ignition switch on my 98 x-90... I would need to know what they are for.... I cant find a shema with 8 wires.... I've found it on autozone "
Duralast Ignition Switch LS780" .... theres 2 smaller black wires marked with a "L" and the other with a "E"....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the bold carecter...!! in addition to the teo smaller black wires, I'm looking for the two black/white wiresthat are welded on the same pin....so 8 wires but 7 pins...

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
Personally, I have no idea how the aftermarket Duralast would be wired in, nor what their wired color code means. Autozone sells these ignition switches - while their website does not give any instructions on how you would wire them in upon purchase, presumably they should be able to tell you. I don’t know if anyone else on this forum has that same aftermarket ignition switch....
In the factory set up, the only other wire that is not showing in the diagram above, is the black/yellow wire which is going to the clutch safety/shift switch set up......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally, I have no idea how the aftermarket Duralast would be wired in, nor what their wired color code means. Autozone sells these ignition switches - while their website does not give any instructions on how you would wire them in upon purchase, presumably they should be able to tell you. I don’t know if anyone else on this forum has that same aftermarket ignition switch....
In the factory set up, the only other wire that is not showing in the diagram above, is the black/yellow wire which is going to the clutch safety/shift switch set up......
Sorry Bex, probably I haven't been clear enough...... my actual ignition switch is factory... the exemple from duralast was just as exemple... (its a replacement part).... I've got 8 wires (that's factory in the 98 x-90).... I've made many hours on the net to trying to find it but still didnt... The fact that I'm not home(so no garage) and still in the snow, make it tougher to work on and trace those wires.....

the 2 black/white wires on the same pin are mostly what i'm looking for..... I'll keep searching....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Out of curiosity, I looked through the wiring information I have found for my X90. The only mention of Black/white wires on the ignition I can find is on pg 447 of Rhinomans 95 Vitara manual. It shows the continuity check for an ignition switch and has blk/w on the continuity list but I can't help with what they're for.

update: found some info at Ack'sFAQ 96 manual. Power distribution ( volume2 section8A-10) shows blk/w wire,

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
Acks FAQS shows the standard black/white wire out of the ignition switch. But I cannot find any ignition switch that is factory that has more than 5 wires coming from it, which would lead me to believe that perhaps John’s ignition switch is not factory....????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Acks FAQS shows the standard black/white wire out of the ignition switch. But I cannot find any ignition switch that is factory that has more than 5 wires coming from it, which would lead me to believe that perhaps John’s ignition switch is not factory....????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also found this, i'm woundering if those could be for power Windows... as you can see, Thérèse only six wires that are attacher to the pins....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also found this, i'm woundering if those could be for power Windows... as you can see, Thérèse only six wires that are attacher to the pins....
The next pic is the ignition switch recommencer for the 98 x-90... you can also clearly see those 2 wires on the pic....

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
Rhino’s diagram has me thoroughly confused - y/b wire for sliding roof, seat heater, etc.? I tried to look through his FSMn the stickies, but couldn’t find the page that you’ve noted. But I do see that even Rhino (and every other FSM I can see) has the hot to the ignition switch as white/green. Yours is white/yellow??
Anyway, in the Autozone add for this ignition switch it says: Wells offers extensive application information and technical support via its Tech Line at 1-800-558-9770.
Maybe you should call them and ask?? I’d be really curious as to what those wires are for.....???

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rhino’s diagram has me thoroughly confused - y/b wire for sliding roof, seat heater, etc.? I tried to look through his FSMn the stickies, but couldn’t find the page that you’ve noted. But I do see that even Rhino (and every other FSM I can see) has the hot to the ignition switch as white/green. Yours is white/yellow??
Anyway, in the Autozone add for this ignition switch it says: Wells offers extensive application information and technical support via its Tech Line at 1-800-558-9770.
Maybe you should call them and ask?? I’d be really curious as to what those wires are for.....???
Thanks for the help Bex,... about the Rhino's diagram, I think its partly for Vitara SE416 and x-90 SZ416... (I said I think :)).... I'll make a call to autozone this week, so we'll get the info... Indeed on mine the hot is white/yellow... the b/y is the one that goes to the starter.... As the weather is warming up, I'll take the time to track wires...

So I fixed those wires this pm. So all ectericity is now ok, the starter run, but the engine dont start... The car didn't run since 2-3 months and it was cold here in cda. I'll add something in the fuel tomorrow . the humidity could have degrade gas..... Before being parked, it never had any problem to start.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello John952, weather permitting I'll go take a look at mine tomorrow. I think I can get my endoscope up under there. Mine x-90 is a 96 but my understanding is there all pretty much the same. By the way does yours have one of those Suzuki Security Boxes?
hint: Look for a toggle switch/red led on the lower dash just to the left of the steering wheel.
If you feel a screen shot of my switch will help and I forget remind me.

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
I know nothing about the Duralast ignition switches, but I have never heard of the hot wire going into the ignition being anything but white/green, which leads me to believe that that there has been some aftermarket installation here. I don’t know if those extra black wires have anything to do with ‘immobilizing’ the ignition, gas cut off or anything similar, and this may be potentially so. At the moment, you are saying that the engine cranks but doesn’t start. Spraying starter fluid into the intake to see if it will start that way, might be interesting, if, indeed, your gas delivery has been immobilized. But this set up is not factory, so we are all learning on this one. It will be interesting to see what the tech guys say.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello John952, weather permitting I'll go take a look at mine tomorrow. I think I can get my endoscope up under there. Mine x-90 is a 96 but my understanding is there all pretty much the same. By the way does yours have one of those Suzuki Security Boxes?
hint: Look for a toggle switch/red led on the lower dash just to the left of the steering wheel.
If you feel a screen shot of my switch will help and I forget remind me.
Hi Bob... I have a little red light flashing.. I was told those alarm system weren't installed by Suzuky itself.... I just have a simple key but I want to install a lock/unlock keys this summer.... I didn't got it when I bought the car. I'll have to check what kind of box and whre's it is located..... so I see a red light but no toggle switch, I'll take another look to see if there's one that would be hided somewhere.... yes a pic wold be useful.... thanks...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know nothing about the Duralast ignition switches, but I have never heard of the hot wire going into the ignition being anything but white/green, which leads me to believe that that there has been some aftermarket installation here. I don’t know if those extra black wires have anything to do with ‘immobilizing’ the ignition, gas cut off or anything similar, and this may be potentially so. At the moment, you are saying that the engine cranks but doesn’t start. Spraying starter fluid into the intake to see if it will start that way, might be interesting, if, indeed, your gas delivery has been immobilized. But this set up is not factory, so we are all learning on this one. It will be interesting to see what the tech guys say.
Thanks Bex, yes, my hot wire is white/yellow... humm, you're brining goods points... I've got many things to check in the coming days. But I'll begin by calling autozone in the next hour, I'll come back today with nfos about that.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Bex, yes, my hot wire is white/yellow... humm, you're brining goods points... I've got many things to check in the coming days. But I'll begin by calling autozone in the next hour, I'll come back today with nfos about that.....
Ok , I just called at autozone tehcnical support, in fact we're calling "WVE" (vehicule electronic)...... The guy was able to confirm me that it was compatible for the 98 suzuki x-90, but he hasn't been able to give me info about the pin/wires.....

Btw, I'm not sure that i've said that it's an automatic x-90.... (just to be sure)....

There's not a lot of room to work... but I'll have to lie on my back and to track those wires under the dash.... !!

1 - 20 of 163 Posts