Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what happens, hopefully you will understand this;

When I slow down coming to a red light or heavy traffic, if the light changes from red to green, or traffic starts moving again before I stop and I continue onwards the transmission is like in the middle of 1st and 2nd gear (Automatic) and it will jerk into 2nd gear hard once I incease the speed.

If I come to a stop or 7kph or lower I will feel it downshift to 1st and then it upshifts fine, it's only when I almost stop but do not and continue going.

Any ideas. I have figured this out and try to get below 7kph and let it downshift to 1st and then continue onwards with no issues, but sometimes due to traffice behind me I dont have this option..

Starting from a stand still the Jimny shifts great through all the gears.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome folks.

When was it last serviced, fluid/filter? How does the fluid look and smell? Miles on the vehicle? Heat and lack of maintenance are#1 killers for automatics.

I think kick-down function for later Suzukis is controlled with a cable actuated by the throttle linkage. Make sure its operational and adjusted correctly. Kick-down function is critical for the transmission to know when to kick into a lower gear. I have worked with automatics quite a bit but not later Suzukis so I'm going to fall short on kick-down adjustment wisdom for these models. I hope someone with more relevant experience can help you with model specifics and I hope this gives you something to go on in the meantime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts