Suzuki Forums banner

96 geo tracker

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bex 
#1 ·
Hey guys I put new plug in my tracker and after I did that it's fire right up and then I took it for a drive afterwards I came back home after that and it's die and now it won't start back up I found a 15amp fuse blowed under the hook so I replace it and it's started back up and I went to pull out of my driveway and it's blow again what should I do

#3 ·
Look around where you were working. Sounds like you inadvertently bumped or jiggled a wire with compromised insulation and its randomly finding ground as things shift or move about. You could also maybe have pinched a wire? Like maybe putting the shielding or cold air pipe back on? Could also have nothing to do with you changing plugs and that part of the story is just coincidence? Is this vehicle new to you? Are you familiar with computerized systems? If not I suggest not trying to fix anything you dont understand without first going to the frequently asked questions (for some reason that's where they hide out on this site) and finding a service manual. Read the service precautions. Read the precautions under electrical diagnostics. I if you don't know what I'm talking about I would recommend disconnecting the negative or ground terminal on your battery until you do or can find someone who does.
Sincere wish of good luck 👍

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Please advise what fuse is blowing. Normally your 15amp fuses will be under the dash, and not under the hood....???

#6 ·
Those above are the engine room fuses. They are labeled outside of the cover rather than on the inside like most cars. If your missing the fuse box cover I suggest you find one as you don't want dust, moisture,and grit in there. Which fuse 15 amp is it on the diagram above?
I'd be surprised if it's not the F1 (fuel/ignition) 15 Amp fuse.

#7 ·
Please be good enough to also advise exactly what you’re driving - year, tranny, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.