Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tracker only has 117,000 miles. It is excellent shape aside from the check engine light from a ERM check valve. Where do I find/how do I fix that?

Also, I need replacement molding for the rear of the vehicle... The modeling that holds the soft top in place. Where do I find that? The vehicle is in damn near perfect condition mechanically, but I need a soft top and new molding to hold it in place. Where can I find those? Also, where can I find replacements for the interior plastic like center consoles, covers, etc? Can things like this even be found anymore?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Do a search on here for soft top parts and you'll find your generation (1995-1999) top is most difficult. You will only find these plastic parts on ebay, in a junk yard, or from various tracker/suzuki 4X4 clubs. Some of the trim and console, heater vents parts are still available from suzuki dealerships online Lehman Suzuki Parts Center

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
What code are you getting? I am unaware of a code for the 'ERM check valve'.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm going to be replacing a soft top with a hard top on my 1996 today. I'll have to look for this part that everyone says is prone to breakage. For those of you who have had issues, does it usually break when taking the top off or putting it on? I'd hate to break it out of ignorance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Obdii is reading a P0400. I assumed this was the EGR valve. Am I incorrect for thinking so.

Nobody said much about where to find the trim that holds the soft top in place.

I just realized I called it something else originally.

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
P0400 - EGR flow malfunction. Is your car bogging and hesitating?? Have you tried the 'stall' test - by pushing the diaphragm on the EGR forward toward the radiator while the car is idling. The engine should try to stall. When you let the diaphragm go, it should snap back strongly to its rearward position. If the engine rpm doesn't drop considerably with this test, it usually indicates that the intake and exhaust passages behind the EGR are clogged up. The EGR can be removed from the car and cleaned with carb cleaner so that all orifices are clear, as well as cleaning the spindle that the diaphragm rides on, so that it's not obstructed. While the EGR is off the car, clean out the exhaust/intake ports that you see - carb cleaner, reaming them out, etc. Before you put the EGR back on the car, start the car for about 2 seconds - it will rev really high and hopefully blow some more carbon out for you. Normally cleaning the EGR is the first thing that's done. P0400 can truly be a PIA, sadly.

Regarding that bar across the tailgate of your car, if you search the forum, you will see that replacing this is a real issue with these cars - this bar is pretty difficult to find. Junkyards, someone parting out a car, etc., is the best option - same for consoles, etc. If you can find these parts at the dealer (and I don't believe anyone makes aftermarket replacements) they are quite expensive. The Lehman link in Orf's post above shows parts of the dealer catalog. Or you can try to look through the online catalog at www.partsouq.com.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tried all of those steps with the egr to no avail. Still getting the error. It goes away for like a day initially, but always comes back. The car seems to idle fine, just at a higher rpm than it used to.

I was not referring to the bar as much as I was referring to the molding around where the windows lock in place.

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
If your car is idling higher than it used to, this is possibly an indication of a vacuum leak, which can throw the EGR code as well. Check the vacuum hoses coming off the EGR VSV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts