Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my '96 Geo Tracker. Likely one of the nicest in the South! Over $6100 invested. More pics can be viewed in the Boone, NC craigslist for sale ads at: 1996 Geo Tracker Convertible 4 X 4--SURVIVOR! Please don't buy!! . If you would like to contact me, please use my cell phone and leave a message. Only want to sell to good home, to someone who appreciates these vehicles, so I thought of forum members.

Mike
336-927-4404

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
From your CL ad...
I have tinted the windows of the top, which is static-cling tinting and removable.
I am Interested to hear how you liked that static cling window tint?

I caught some flak for suggesting that in this thread...
Here is a link - I found the very same ones at a Walmart for $1 less if that matters. [url=http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Custom-Accessories-Static-cling-glare-reducer/_/N-2591?itemIdentifier=515001&_requestid=776234]Custom Accessories/Static cling glare reducer (41129) | Sunshade | AutoZone.com[/quote]"]
Here is a link - I found the very same ones at a Walmart for $1 less if that matters. Custom Accessories/Static cling glare reducer (41129) | Sunshade | AutoZone.com
[/URL]
obtw - nice looking Tracker. I doubt you will have any trouble selling it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GumbyCT, Thanks for the props, the Tracker has got a lot of my time in it. Will hate to see her go. I like the static cling, but have learned a certain procedure to deal with it. I run static cling in any vehicle where flexibility (like convertibles) is an issue. Of course, ideally, the best thing is to order a top with the tinting already in the window when its time to reorder a top. I only apply in 90+ degree heat, in the direct sunlight. I use the same application spray as traditional window tint--or the homemade variety with a drop of dish detergent in a spray bottle. Cut a piece approximate size, then spray the window and tinting super excessively and then squeegee on with force, forcing the water out. On the Tracker, this is easy, since all the windows are removable. May take a few tries. In the heat, the static cling then becomes thinner the more squeegeed, but remains thicker than the adhesive type. I keep a flexible, metal ruler behind the tint, and trim with a sharp razor, rewet, resqueegee. Trimming without the flexible metal ruler behind your cuts will quickly puncture your top. Once squeegeed on, the film will look blurry, but will dry clear within a few days to a week. Then, the results are near as good as the adhesive trim. Static cling, if applied correctly, is advantageous for two reasons 1) It remains flexible (to wind and folding) and 2) It can save you a ticket. As in, "Officer, I did not know Walmart sold illegal window tint." Golly, gee. It's static cling, see I'll pull it right off. ;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts