Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 96 tracker and the darn rear axle shaft won't come out....I have taken off the brake drum/pads and all...and have taken off the 4 bolts holding it in...now I got it to slide about a 1/4 inch and it's stuck...is there something I'm missing?

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Are you using an axle (sliding hammer) puller? :huh:

Like...

A free Auto Parts Store loaner tool. ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi guys I have a 96 tracker and the darn rear axle shaft won't come out....I have taken off the brake drum/pads and all...and have taken off the 4 bolts holding it in...now I got it to slide about a 1/4 inch and it's stuck...is there something I'm missing?
[I think you're doing everything right. The FSM recommends using a slide hammer if the axle doesn't come out easily.]

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here's a crude method, take a length of chain, big enough that the studs can go through the end link ,put a nut on and give 'er a snap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys

I ended up having to put it back together...it's totally seized in there...it still rolls so I guess I'm just gonna have to turn the radio up louder for now....I broke a slide hammer, and splintered a 2x4 to pieces beating on it...I'm tired and my back hurts so I slapped it back together...if the bearing totally goes maybe it will snap it loose...then all I gotta do is replace the axle...dunno what else to do at this point I need the car for transportation...but thanks for all your suggestions I really appreciate them :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts