Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have narrowed an issue I am having with my tracker down to what is probably the catalytic converter. I took it to a oil shop and my friend who works there got under it and said that the sound I am getting from 3,000 rpm and up is most likely this. Said it sounds like the inside is falling apart. I bottomed the car out offroad earlier in the day before the problem occured. MY question is...
>where can I get a replacement for a decent price? Kind of on a budget
>would running straight pipe instead be bad for my vehicle?
Damn Cali emissions. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
Assuming that Tennessee will allow non-conforming (California spec) Cat replacements, I'd opt for a direct fit new Cat from here...

1995 GEO TRACKER Catalytic Converter

Straight thru pipe options are a red flag if you are subjected to any emissions testing and installing one may cause drive-ability (or at least) CEL code issues.

So for the price, I'd replace the Cat. ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
If a CAT from my 97 will fit your 95 and you don't have to pass a smog test, I have a two year old direct fit Magnaflow #22626 cat that won't pass CA emissions due to high NOX, even with a working EGR system. I can send it to you for the cost of shipping. PM me if you're interested.

I replaced it a couple of days ago with a Catco (AirTek) CA converter and finally passed the smog test.

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
I have a two year old direct fit Magnaflow #22626 cat
I don't see coverage for a 95 Tracker listed, but a 95 Sidekick 4-door matches your Cat model number. :)

Available parts for:
SUZUKI TRUCK SIDEKICK

Federal (USA) & Canada Catalog Application Search Results

Year Description Product Type Standard/HM Part# OEM Grade Part# What is OEM Grade?
1995 1.6L; 2 Dr DIRECT FIT CATALYTIC CONVERTER 22618
1995 1.6L; 2 Dr UNIVERSAL CATALYTIC CONVERTER 91003
1995 1.6L; 4 Dr DIRECT FIT CATALYTIC CONVERTER 22626
1995 1.6L; 4 Dr UNIVERSAL CATALYTIC CONVERTER 91005

http://www.magnaflow.com/02catalytic_converters/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up solving the issue and now the tracker runs like a scolded dog. I went to auto zone and got a Thrush glasspack pipe and got it welded on in place of where the cat was. Any and all issues I was having (performance wise not counting the temp gauge being out and no AC :p ) are gone and it runs like a totally different vehicle now. I should have taken a picture of the cat. The honey comb inside of it, well what was left of it was getting thrown towards the rear pipe and keeping me from getting any back pressure. Now it is truly the car I want it to be. Put about 150 miles on it today in the Smoky Mountain national park and it ran like a champ. Thanks again everyone :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts