Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash fan sometimes will not come on when turning th lever. Then the next time I start the car it may come on. It's about 50/50 odds. Is there a relay somewhere that needs to be replaced on these older models?

Thanks for any ideas!

Rick

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
My dash fan sometimes will not come on when turning th lever. Then the next time I start the car it may come on. It's about 50/50 odds. Is there a relay somewhere that needs to be replaced on these older models?

Thanks for any ideas!

Rick
Probably not a relay but the blower switch itself. The later model Trackers (yours) have a blower switch that sometimes comes apart, but if it has all components intact, can be fixed with pull ties. Do a search for blower switch fix on this forum. Good luck

·
Registered
191 Posts
yep had that same problem it was the switch took a soldering iron and a clamp squeezed the switch back together and melted some wire mesh into the plastic has worked like a champ since

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine is intermittent here and there lately in this bitter cold but I'm certain it is the blower itself. I've already pulled the blower out once last year and oiled the bearings because it was binding.

So before condemning the switch, I'd first pull out the blower and see if the wheel is binding.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blower removal problem

Finally got to this job. I can't seem to get the blower housing all the way loose. Any hidden screws or clamps you know of?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts