Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 95 trackers speedometer and odometer aren't working. I figured out it is the gear inside the transmission/transfer case. It is a green gear. I just need to find out where i can possibly find this. I contacted the dealership and they said they can not get that part anymore. It is hard to find a 95 tracker in the junkyard here and i have checked all over ebay for it also and found nothing. it is a 2wd vehicle automatic the teeth count on the inside of the gear is 23 and it is a helical gear on the outside

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speedo

I have the same problem on a 96 Tracker. (3X) I installed a new cable and housing and loaded it with dry graphite. Hasn’t had any problems since that repair.

Bob

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Geo (Chevrolet/GM) doesn't support Trackers any more. Effectively, you have a Suzuki.

Look for parts for a 1995 Sidekick equipped like your Tracker. Unfortunately, Suzuki has pulled out of the US market. There seems to be very few "dealer" type outfits that sell Suzuki parts in the US.

Here are two, but the second one seems to be off line right now... :(
Lehman Suzuki Parts Center
http://www.suzukicarparts.com

·
Super Moderator
24,468 Posts
Have you found physical damage at the gear? You may wish to test this application by putting your speedo cable - at the tranny end - in a reversible variable speed drill and running the drill in reverse to confirm that the cable is working properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts