Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a 1994 Suzuki Sidekick that wont shift into 3rd or 4th gear. I figure this is a shift solenoid, but it seems like no one sells them anymore. I was also searching for a valve body (with the solenoids) and couldn't find that either. Am I missing something? Surely someone sells them. I'm also open to a rebuilt trans, but would rather just replace the solenoid or valve body if possible.

1994 Suzuki Sidekick
Trans: A44DE / 03-72LE 4 speed

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am working on a 1994 Suzuki Sidekick that wont shift into 3rd or 4th gear. I figure this is a shift solenoid, but it seems like no one sells them anymore. I was also searching for a valve body (with the solenoids) and couldn't find that either. Am I missing something? Surely someone sells them. I'm also open to a rebuilt trans, but would rather just replace the solenoid or valve body if possible.

1994 Suzuki Sidekick
Trans: A44DE / 03-72LE 4 speed
Don't know if this is what you're looking for. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/geo,1994,tracker,1.6l+l4,1142244,transmission-automatic,torque+converter+clutch+solenoid,17903

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This very well could be it. I haven't actually seen the vehicle yet to confirm. These are the solenoid(s) I need, on the valve body. Unfortunately, I couldn't find part #s on any of the part manuals in the forum, or on Google. I have seen them called "Shift Solenoid A" and "Shift Solenoid B" in one of the maintenance manuals though. I assume one allows shifting in 1st and 2nd, the other solenoid allows shifting in 3rd and 4th.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Someone with more knowledge than I ,will have to chime in. Sorry.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
4 speed auto? 4L30E, parts are still readily available for this transmission. Heres the basic manual for the 4L30E and trouble shooting process

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
ok, different trans, will see if I can find a ATSG manual on that one
Apologies on the incorrect dropbox link.

·
Super Moderator
24,293 Posts
If you look at the page here, I think you’re looking for solenoid #2 (part 16 in the diagram):
If so, they have them at mega zip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts