Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have power and the grounds are good to my computer. i put the computer in my other tracker and my other one ran with the computer. the noid light shows a first fire but no more. it will run on brake clean. and if i crank the key fast the light will flash twice then fade away. if i wait for the fuel pump to prime i get no flashes. any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
x2. check your wiring from the injector to the ECU - and do not hotwire the injector to test!!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Is the battery fully charged? the engine light shouldn't fade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked the wires to the computer pins with a ohms tested. i found three wires grounded to the chassis beside the computer they were green i stripped cleaned and regounded. still nothing. i have constant power to injectors with key on. if i ground the injector the noid light lights. i did find a factory alarm behind the glove box looks almost dealer installed not factory installed. i carefully removed every wire and traced it to one plug that ties into the factory harness. its a 4 prong plug. i was thinking maybe these wires are not completing a circuit to tell the computer to ground injectors.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
This does sound like an issue with the alarm, removing the alarm has been done before, thre are a couple of threads about it on the forum.

·
Administrator
19,092 Posts
First - as far as I know, the Sidekicks were never fitted with immobilizers.
Second - if you can swap the computer and it works in another car, it's not an immobilizer issue.

Question - on these engines - does not the lack of ignition feedback cause the ecu to shutdown the fuelling?

Insert the diagnostic jumper and crank the engine, does it give you any codes?

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
i have constant power to injectors with key on. if i ground the injector the noid light lights.
I believe that with the key on, you should have less than 0.5 volts on the red and yellow wire to the injectors. Normally, with the engine able to run, then yellow wire would provide the ground from the ECU, and the red wire would provide battery voltage.

And yes, if the ECU does not see spark, it will stop fuel delivery as a safety precaution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.