Suzuki Forums banner

94' jimny not going to drive...help, please.

931 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Carnage1on1 
#1 ·
I just bought a 94' jimny. automatic trans. everything was fine until recently.
whats happening is when i start my car and i go to place it in drive and i depress the pedal. it doesnt pick up and go. (there is no rmp reading, kinda acts like its in neutral) same thing if i am in reverse.
only thing i have noticed is that when i can get it to start driving i normally have to let it sit for a couple minutes and then try. (i do live up north where we drop below freezing)
any idea whats going on?

#2 ·
.Have you checked the transmission fluid level? That's where I would start.

Your first problem is going to be identifying exactly what vehicle you have - for starters, Suzuki never sold a Jimny in the US, and a 94 Jimny in other countries would probably be the equivalent of an SJ series vehicle (SJ410 or SJ413), also known as the Sierra & Samurai, and as far as I know, those didn't have automatic transmissions.

If what you have is used Japanese domestic, good luck getting it sorted.

Reactions: saucebaus
#4 ·
I know this is not what you want to hear, but your best bet is probably going to be taking it to whoever "redone" it - we don't know what you have, we don't know what engine, we don't know what transmission, we don't know what was done to it - all we can do is guess, and if that's the situation, then your guess is literally as good as mine.

Reactions: saucebaus
#5 ·
Is the torque converter rattling or whining? Check shifter linkage at the transmission. Fluid level good. Then if no fix, pull transmission pan, look for metal shavings. If u see metal, alot of it. Rebuild it, replace torque converter. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.