Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Fairly new to this forum. Just got myself inside a '93 hard top 5 speed. It was lightly wrecked 6 years ago, fixed back up, then got a blown head. It's been sitting in my backyard for 6 years and was given to me for free.

My dad and I rebuilt the engine and replaced all the old parts. Just thought I'd share, this is how she sits now.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Gotta love the tin tops and I like your wheels.

·
Super Moderator
26,736 Posts
Really nice looking, and since you did all the work on it, you know it pretty well, also. Enjoy. And be proud!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! It was a blast working on it with the old man. Definitely helped me learn the ins and outs of it.

Loud and proud, Tracker pride!

Just finished getting my sound system installed. My dad built a custom box to fit in the confined space in the back. Turned out real nice. Next up I'm thinking lift and maybe tires. I was planning a 4" lift, but have now started thinking about just a 2". Any recommendations on that?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,736 Posts
With a 4 inch lift you have to start dealing with extending things like steering, etc. Loads of posts on the pros and cons - usually a 2 inch is the highest you can go without other modifications.
Actually, I was looking again at your rims. They are really nice. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I recall reading some stuff along those lines. Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably just stick with a 2" for now.
Not sure where the wheels came from. They were on it when it was given to me. I'll ask the previous owner if he remembers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have an 89 with, I think, a 2 inch lift. Previous owner installed the lift and 235 tires.

When I got it, I added camber bolts as the lift seemed to affect the camber a good bit.

I like the ride and handling, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,736 Posts
This thread is almost 10 years old…..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts