Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this one has me stumped.. up untill a few weeks ago the car ran great. As it was dying out it felt like it was runnng out of fuel but would still start and run. No it will crank over but no such luck starting. I recently did head gasket and timing belt, fuel pump, fuel filter, map sensor, car is flashing code 12 (normal). Compression is super low #1. 40 #2. 100 #3. 50 #4. 40 spark is there and timed well. And plenty of fuel coming out of the injector(port injected) and there is an alarming amount of fuel in the oil, granted that could be from the numerous attempts to start. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Im not the expert on compression on this forum, but you are 100% right that is super low and I would be concerned with that. Good to know you have fuel, that was my problem when my 89 jx didnt start. I know you usually have to check your ERG valve as it can get clogged up and restrict a lot of things.

just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
26,904 Posts
You need to check your engine timing - your car should be pulling around 170psi on all cylinders, if you do the test with a properly charged battery, all spark plugs out, and floor the gas pedal while you are cranking. Check your timing belt. Did this begin after you did your timing belt? And did you set up the belt properly - using the correct cam marks, to cylinder #4 firing?? And, just curious - when you did the timing belt, did you remove the crank pulley? Not necessary, but many people do for some reason, and then don't re-torque the crank pulley bolt to 94 ft/lbs, causing the crank key to shear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.