Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 91' Suzuki Samurai JL a few years ago, manual 5 speed with a brand new clutch. a year ago it started acting up. it starts, and idols fine, but when I get going it loses power about half way through each gear. (loses power as in, sputters and falls on its face, does not die all together) I have checked distributor, coil, and even got a new computer, but the problems did not go away. so now recently I ran a fuel pressure test and it does not hold pressure drops immediately after I cycle key off. pointing me towards fuel system. I changed the fuel filter, and tested regulator which is fine. now I am replacing the fuel pump in thought that the check valve is shot in it. I have read that the timing could be off, if the new fuel pump doesn't fix ill take timing cover off. anyone have any input or direction they can point me in here? getting frustrated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, thanks for all the help. ha! I changed fuel pump, seems to have corrected the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
follow up problems. HELP

So I cut a hole in the rear floorboard for easy access to the fuel pump, I changed it, and test drove it. the new fuel pump definitely corrected the problem, but in the process I got a hairline crack in the supply tube out of the sending unit. bought a new sending unit, installed it, now the pump does not engage at all, even when just cycling the key. I have the hoses and wires correct I double and triple checked. did I get the wrong sending unit? or Is there a fuse or relay I should be targeting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts