Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 samurai rebuild ecm by david ruberg @ speedometerrepairguy. before rebuild would start with starting fluid, the fuel pump came on and clicks off. now no spark and no fuel. can jump relay and run with hi revs

·
Banned
329 Posts
Sounds like he didn't fix it properly. Did he test it in a vehicle, before he sent it back? If not, then I'd suggest you either send it back and have him fix it right, or get your money back and have someone else fix it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
91 samurai rebuild ecm by david ruberg @ speedometerrepairguy. before rebuild would start with starting fluid, the fuel pump came on and clicks off. now no spark and no fuel. can jump relay and run with hi revs
david ruberg did my ecu last september it came back did just what it woz doing when i sent it off in the first place sent him an email he told me to send it back to him i got it back with in the week and woz bang on still going strong.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
David Ruberg rebuilt my ecu. I was getting the "steady on" CEL, which it started after months of throwing 42 all the time. Now it throws "12". No complaints at all, especially since it was cheap & came with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the ecm back and got it running throing a 45.code idle swich anyone know wat it looks like or located

·
Banned
329 Posts
I got the ecm back and got it running throing a 45.code idle swich anyone know wat it looks like or located
The idle switch is in the TPS (throttle position sensor). The TPS is the black round thing on the front of the throttle body. It could be that the TPS just needs adjusted (it requires a pretty precise adjustment, to get it right), or it could be that the idle switch inside the TPS is bad (which means you'll have to replace the TPS), or it could be the ECM still hasn't been fixed correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have some extra ones ill try I have been driving it if u hit the gas it goes so it could need adjustment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts