Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna put a new dash on my ride.
I removed all the screws around the instrument.
The only problem is the steering column.
How can I lower it?

The guy who can answer my question, even providing some video or photo is appreciate:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
If u look under the cowling where ur knees will hit the dash, u will find u style brace with allenkey fasteners.
If u drop those without taking the fasteners all the way out, u can drop the steering column enough to release the speedo cluster...
The cowling will come off with a couple phillips/star screws.
U can take the whole dash out too but it houses one of the vin number plates.
The other is stamped into the frame on the right side if u r sitting in the drivers seat.
If u r careful u can separate the wire connections without damage so that u can re attach them when u have cleaned out the heater core of all the leaves and detritus that has collected there in the last 20 years.
If u feel u need to remove the steering wheel, the horn switch (center of the wheel) is pried off from 3 or 4 plastic plug ins. Use a puller or loosen the nut to leave several threads on. Sit in the seat and grab the wheel at 9oclock and 3oclock. Wiggle it back and forth until it is released...then undo the nut all the way off to lift the wheel off. The reason to leave it a few threads is so it won't hit u in the face once it comes loose.
The rest is just screws...many of them.
At the heater selection face, pull off the knobs pulling them straight out. Pry the face out and leave the controls in place.
To release the hood pull from the back of the glove box, release the wire out of the catch in front of the radiator. Either remove the 'u' loop that catches to hold the hood down or put copious duct tape in the receiver or u might be locked out of the engine compartment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts